Use & Care of Your New Ridge Packin’ Tee
Posted on July 13th, 2017
Congratulations on your purchase of your new Ridge Packin’ Tee. To maximize the effectiveness of your new Packin’ Tee, please follow these set-up procedures. If you need more help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-352-357-2669. Toll-Free in USA, 1-800-508-2668.
Get To Know Your New Packin’ Tee
• Included with your Packin’ Tee are two holsters: one for a small firearm, one for a large firearm. The included holsters are also right- or left-hand specific. Ensure that you have the correct holster for your draw preference.
• The Packin’ Tee is designed for a compression fit – snug and close to the body. This helps keep your firearm securely in place.
• We design our men’s Packin’ Tees to be sleeveless and the women’s with cap sleeves. This reduces bulk for ease of drawing your firearm.
• There is no weight limit on the firearm carried, but remember: the Packin’ Tee is designed for deep concealment. The larger the gun, the harder it is to conceal, and weight will contribute to the concealment, stability, and comfort level.
• Because women generally have shorter torsos and smaller frames than men, the Packin’ Tee will very often fit women more comfortably and will conceal more effectively when used with a small sized firearm. For women with longer torsos, the men’s model may be more suitable.
• The Packin’ Tee was designed so that the arm holes fit up under the arm pit to absorb as much sweat as possible. This should keep most of the sweat away from contact with the gun.
• This shirt is designed to be a cross draw. If you are right handed, the gun should be located on your left side so you draw across your body when pulling your weapon from the holster. And the opposite for left-hand draw.
• The Packin’ Tee was designed for versatility. Based on the optional accessories you may have purchased, you can:
o Carry a gun on both sides (requires purchase of an additional holster)
o Carry a gun on one side and spare ammo on the other
o Carry a gun on one side and cell phone, wallet, badge, etc. on the other
o Carry no gun and conceal a knife, mace, pepper spray, etc.
Setting Up The Ridge Packin’ Tee
1. Ensure that you have the right fit. Your new Packin’ Tee should fit snug and close to the body. If it is too loose, your firearm may not fit securely.
2. Install your holster(s). Your Packin’ Tee includes two holsters: one for a small firearm, one for a large firearm. If you are right handed, you should have right-hand holsters, and the opposite for left-handers. The Packin’ Tee was designed for cross body draw, so if you are right handed, your holster should be installed on your left side, and the opposite if you are left handed.
• Choose your holster based on the size of your firearm. See our gun size chart here.
• Install your selected holster on the hook & loop panel under the arm.
• When installing, place the holster under the arm in a comfortable range for:
o Unrestricted arm movement
o Security of the firearm
o Ease of draw
Ensure that the hook and loop panel of the holster is in maximum contact with the hook and loop panel of the shirt for a secure fit. Find the most comfortable position of the holster based on your body type and size of firearm. If you have purchased the optional Universal Holster, follow the same instructions as above.
3. Install your optional pouches. If you have purchased the optional accessory or magazine pouch(s), place on the hook and loop panel on the opposite side of your body from the holster. It should be placed under the arm in a comfortable range for:
• Unrestricted arm movement
• Security of the pouch
• Ease of access
4. Once you have placed your holster and pouches for the ideal fit, put on your over-shirt. If you are wearing a button up, you simply unbutton the top 1 or 2 buttons and reach in for the weapon. In a critical situation, you may need to rip the shirt open to save time. If you are wearing a polo style shirt, you can reach down through the top or come up through the bottom. If the shirt is tucked in, you simply grab & untuck the shirt to get to the gun. The Packin’ Tee is compression fitted so it should not be affected by pulling your over-shirt up. This same scenario applies to a t-shirt being worn over the Packin’ Tee.
We recommend that you remove any accessory pouches from the shirt before washing. After you remove the accessories, you can wash the Packin’ Tee just like any other cotton shirt. Hang to dry or tumble-dry using a low heat setting. Laundering your accessories and holsters with your Packin’ Tee won’t ruin them, but it can shorten their lifespan. We highly recommend hand-washing your accessories and allowing them to air dry.
Should you have additional questions regarding the set-up of your new Packin’ Tee, please contact us at email@example.com. We want to ensure that you get the most optimal performance from your new concealment shirt.